Livepools Private Limited is an online service provider company and is engaged mainly in the business of development and maintenance of all kinds of softwares, software products and applications, including but not limited to designing and developing of software for media, entertainment, movies, animation, and designing, planning and maintenance of web pages, websites, computer based multimedia training to learn about the internet, internet games, virtual games and java games. Livepools along with its associated applications, partner applications and mobile applications, at present, offers cricket and football based online games.
By viewing or accessing www.livepools.com website, and/or using Livepools games, software, applications, products or services you expressly agree to the following Terms and Conditions detailed below. Livepools reserves the right to modify, alter and update the content of these Terms and Conditions at anytime. We may also notify the User of any change or modification in these Terms and Conditions referred to herein or provided by us, by way of sending an email to the User′s registered email address or posting notifications in the User accounts. The User may then exercise the options provided in such an email or notification to indicate non-acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions referred to herein or provided by us. If such options are not exercised by the User within the time frame prescribed in the email or notification, the User will be deemed to have accepted the modified Terms and Conditions referred to herein or provided by us.
Although Livepools attempts to ensure that all information contained on this website is error-free, we accept no liability for omissions, and reserve the right to change or alter the content of the site at anytime. Livepools does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection from viruses; nor does any provider of content to the site or their respective agents make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from use of the site.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LIVEPOOLS OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE LIVEPOOLS’ WEB SITE, SOFTWARE AND/OR SERVICES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISK RELATED TO YOUR USE OF LIVEPOOLS WEBITES AND SERVICES, INLCUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE RISK OF COMMUNICATIONS WITH OTHER PEOPLE OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER.
Livepools does not target the www.livepools.com website or its services to users under 18 of age. There may be certain access restrictions placed on any under 18 year old users. You agree that if you assist users under 18 years old to access the www.livepools.com website or services, with your computer, internet enabled device, internet connection and/or facilities (whether owned, leased or borrowed) that you will assume full liability for any consequences and that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE NEITHER LIVEPOOLS, ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE BY USERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Suspension / Termination of User′s Account
Livepools may, in its sole and absolute discretion :
- Restrict, suspend, or terminate any User′s access to all or any part of the website;
- Change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Gaming Facilities;
- Reject, move, or remove any material that may be submitted by a User;
- Move or remove any content that is available on the website;
- Deactivate or delete a User′s account and all related information and files on the account;
- Establish general practices and limits concerning use of the website;
- Assign its rights and liabilities to all User accounts hereunder to any entity (post intimation of such assignment shall be sent to all Users to their registered email ids);
In the event any User has breached these Terms and Conditions, or has illegally or improperly used the website, Livepools may, at its sole and absolute discretion, and without any notice to the User, restrict, suspend or terminate such User′s access to all or any part of the website, deactivate or delete the User′s account and all related information on the account, delete any content posted by the User on the website and further, take technical and legal steps as it deems necessary.
All the content on the website is the copyright of Livepools, its partners, licensors and associates.
Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on the website either in whole or in part without express written license from Livepools.
Users are solely responsible for all materials (whether publicly posted or privately transmitted) that they upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available on the website. Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless Livepools, its directors, employees, affiliates and assigns against all costs, damages, loss and harm including towards litigation costs and counsel fees, in respect of any third party claims that may be initiated including for infringement of Intellectual Property Rights arising out of display or use of the names, logos, marks, labels, trademarks, copyrights or intellectual and proprietary rights of such third parties on Livepools, by such User or through the User′s commissions or omissions.
Certain Livepools Services being provided on Livepools may be subject to additional rules and regulations set down in that respect. To the extent that these Terms and Conditions are inconsistent with the additional conditions set down, the additional conditions shall prevail.
Disclaimer regarding Third Party Applications or Services :
Livepools may contain links to other Internet sites owned and operated by third parties. Livepools′s inclusion of third-party content or links to third-party Internet sites is not an endorsement by Livepools of such third-party Internet sites. Livepools does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality of the content provided by third parties and such content may not be relied upon by the Users.
- Restricting, suspending, or terminating any User′s access;
- De-activating or deleting a User′s account and all related information and files on the account. Any amount remaining unused in the User′s account on the date of deactivation or deletion shall be transferred to the User′s bank account on record with us subject to a processing fee (if any) applicable on such transfers; or
- Refraining from awarding any prize(s) to such User.
Livepools expect that their users shall abide by the following :
- Users agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information at the time of registration and at all other times (as required by Livepools). Users further agree to update and keep updated their registration information.
- A User shall not register or operate more than one User account with US
- Users agree to ensure that they can receive all communication from us by marking e-mails from us as part of their "safe senders" list. We shall not be held liable if any e-mail remains unread by a User as a result of such e-mail getting delivered to the User′s junk or spam folder.
- Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their accounts and passwords. Users agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of their passwords or accounts or any other breach of security.
- Users agree to exit/log-out of their accounts at the end of each session. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if the User fails to comply with these requirements.
- Users agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying Livepools.
- If a User chooses a username that, in ours considered opinion is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might subject us to public disparagement or scorn, we reserve the right, without prior notice to the User, to change such username and intimate the User or delete such username and posts from the website, deny such User access to the website, or any combination of these options.
- Use of Livepools is subject to existing laws and legal processes. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Livepools′s right to comply with governmental, court, and law-enforcement requests or requirements relating to Users′ use of Livepools.
- Users may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems or questions, as appropriate.
Users agree not to do any of the following :
- Post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any data, text, message, or computer file that we deem to be: (a) defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking; (b) bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive; (c) vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit (language or images); or that (d) encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any data, text, message, computer file, or other material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation, including but not limited to: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights; (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person′s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; (c) any confidentiality obligation;
- Advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any Forum for commercial purposes of any kind;
- Post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component;
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
- Engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet;
- Delete any legal notices, disclaimers, or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, or modify any logos that you do not own or have express permission to modify;
- Post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Forum.
We reserve the right to remove any material, and if we deem appropriate, to turn over to law enforcement officials, any material, including message, e-mail, or posting, that is in violation of these Rules.
If it comes to the notice of Livepools that any governmental, statutory or regulatory compliances or approvals are required for conducting any Contest(s) or if it comes to the notice of Livepools that conduct of any such Contest(s) is prohibited, then Livepools shall withdraw and / or cancel such Contest(s) without prior notice to any Participants or winners of any Contest(s). Users agree not to make any claim in respect of such cancellation or withdrawal of the Contest or league in any manner.
Employees, directors, affiliates, relatives and family members of Livepools, will not be eligible to participate in any Contest(s). Bonus amounts can not be withdrawn. However, Winning on bonus can be withdrawn.
Dispute & Dispute Resolution
The courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any and all disputes arising out of, or in connection with, the services provided by Livepools (including the Contest(s)), the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the User(s) (including Participants) or Livepools, as well as the exclusive jurisdiction to grant interim or preliminary relief in case of any dispute referred to arbitration as given below. All such issues and questions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India.
In the event of any legal dispute (which may be a legal issue or question) which may arise, the party raising the dispute shall provide a written notification ("Notification") to the other party. On receipt of Notification, the parties shall first try to resolve the dispute through discussions. In the event that the parties are unable to resolve the dispute within fifteen (15) days of receipt of Notification, the dispute shall be settled by arbitration.
The place of arbitration shall be Mumbai, India. All arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English and in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended from time to time.
The arbitration award will be final and binding on the Parties, and each Party will bear its own costs of arbitration and equally share the fees of the arbitrator unless the arbitral tribunal decides otherwise. The arbitrator shall be entitled to pass interim orders and awards, including the orders for specific performance and such orders would be enforceable in competent courts. The arbitrator shall give a reasoned award.
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall prevent Livepools from seeking and obtaining interim or permanent equitable or injunctive relief, or any other relief available to safeguard Livepools′s interest prior to, during or following the filing of arbitration proceedings or pending the execution of a decision or award in connection with any arbitration proceedings from any court having jurisdiction to grant the same. The pursuit of equitable or injunctive relief shall not constitute a waiver on the part of Livepools to pursue any remedy for monetary damages through the arbitration described herein.
BY ENTERING LIVEPOOLS.COM OR BY ACCESSING THE GAMING FACILITIES PROVIDED THEREIN OR USING ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY LIVEPOOLS, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO, AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS LIVEPOOLS, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (THE “INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM AGAINST SUCH INDEMNIFIED PARTIES OR ANY ONE OF THEM, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO (I) ANY BREACH BY YOU OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; OR (II) YOUR ACCESS AND/ OR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND OTHER SERVICES OFFERED BY LIVEPOOLS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM OF PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), INJURY TO REPUTATION, VIOLATION OF PRIVACY, OR DAMAGE TO TANGIBLE PROPERTY OR DATA (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROPERTY OR LOSS OF USE OF TANGIBLE PROPERTY OR DATA) (III) ANY ERROR OR MISREPRESENTATION IN OUR STATISTICS SHOWING PERFORMANCE OF ANY PLAYER AND/OR TEAM.
Livepools obtains its statistics and other information from a third party service provider and every effort is made by us to ensure the accuracy of such information. In the rare event there is any error or omission in such information, Livepools do not accept any liability and shall not be held accountable.
Under no circumstances Livepools or any third party service provider or their respective agents, representatives and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of any error or omission in the statistics and other information.
Users shall indemnify, defend, and hold Livepools harmless from any third party/entity/organization claims arising from or related to such User′s engagement with Livepools or participation in any Contest. In no event shall Livepools be liable to any User for acts or omissions arising out of or related to User′s engagement with Livepools or his/her participation in any Contest(s).
- Any material accessed, downloaded or otherwise obtained through Livepools is done at the User′s discretion, competence, acceptance and risk, and the User will be solely responsible for any potential damage to User′s computer system or loss of data that results from a User′s download of any such material.
- To the extent permitted under law, neither Livepools nor its partners, licensors or associates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use our sites, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- To the extent permitted under law, neither Livepools nor its parent/holding company, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees shall be responsible for the deletion, the failure to store, the mis-delivery, or the untimely delivery of any information or material.
- Livepools shall make best endeavours to ensure that the Livepools is error-free and secure.
- Neither we nor any of our partners, licensors or associates makes any warranty that the quality of any products, gaming facilities, information, or other material that Users purchase or obtain through Livepools will meet Users′ expectations.
- To the extent permitted under law, we shall not be responsible for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material, the quality of servers, games and products.
- Any access/registration fee charged by us will not be entitled to a refund as a result of, any inaccessibility that is caused by Livepools′s maintenance on the servers or the technology that underlies our sites, failures of Livepools′s service providers (including telecommunications, hosting, and power providers), computer viruses, natural disasters or other destruction or damage of our facilities, acts of nature, war, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond our reasonable control.
- The content available on the website is distributed on an "as is, as available" basis.
- Any Gaming Facilities, events or Contest(s) being hosted or provided, or intended to be hosted or provided by Livepools and requiring specific permission or authority from any statutory authority or any state or the central government, or the board of directors shall be deemed cancelled or terminated, if such permission or authority is either not obtained or denied either before or after the availability of the relevant Gaming Facilities, events or Contest(s) are hosted or provided.
- To the extent permitted under law, in the event of suspension or closure of any Services, events or Contests, Users (including Participants) shall not be entitled to make any demands or claims, of any nature whatsoever.
In order to register with us, Users are required to accurately provide the following information
- Postal address
- State of residence
- Telephone/ Mobile Number
- Date of birth
Users are also required to confirm that they have read, and shall abide by, these Terms and Conditions.
In the event a User indicates, while entering an address, that he/she is a resident of either Assam, Odisha or Telangana, such Participant will not be permitted to proceed to sign up.
Once the Users have entered the above information, and clicked on the "register" tab, and such Participants are above the age of 18 years, they are sent an email confirming their registration and containing their login information.
Participation in Contest(s)
- As part of our Amusement Facilities we may also conduct contest(s). Currently, we provide the following Amusement Facilities: 1) A cricket game and 2) A football game. Individual users wishing to participate in the Amusement Facilities (“Participants”) are invited to enter challenges consisting of real live matches. Livepools offers Participants pool game Contest(s) relating to each Sport Event, and Participants can participate in such Contest(s) with their Selections. Final Selections are awarded points on the basis of the real life outcomes. The Participant(s) whose Selection(s) have achieved the highest aggregate score(s) in the Contest(s) shall be declared winners (“Winners”). In certain Contests, we may declare more than one Winner and distribute prizes to such Winners in increasing order of their Selection′s aggregate score at the end of the Contests.
- Scoring- Scores shall be awarded as three points for every correct prediction and zero points for every incorrect prediction. The total aggregate score of the above determines the winner.
- Currently, there are paid and free versions of the Contest(s) made available by us. In case of paid contest(s), Users may participate in the Contest(s) by paying the pre-designated amount as provided on the relevant Contest page. The Participant with the highest aggregate points at the end of the Contest(s) shall be eligible to win a pre-designated prize, as stated on the relevant Contest(s) page.
- A Participant may enter different Selections for participation in Contest(s) offered in relation to a Sport Event across the Amusement Facilities. However, unless we specify otherwise in relation to any Contest ("Multiple Entry Contest"), Participants acknowledge and agree that they may enter only one Selection in any Contest offered in relation to a Sport Event. In the case of a Multiple Entry Contest, a Participant may enter more than one Selections in a single Multiple Entry Contest, however on submitting more than one Selection for participation in a single Multiple Entry Contest, the Participant will not be permitted to edit or revise the Selections so submitted for participation in such Multiple Entry Contest. In addition, it is expressly clarified that we may, from time to time, restrict the maximum number of Selections that may be created by a single User account (for each format of the Amusement Facilities) or which a single User account may enter in a particular Multiple Entry Contest, in each case to such number as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- We shall collect a pre-designated fee for access to the Amusement Facilities from each Participant in relation to the Contest(s). In the event a Participant indicates, while entering an address, that he/she is a resident of either Assam, Odisha or Telangana, such Participant will not be permitted to proceed to sign up for the round or league and may not participate in any paid version of the Contest(s).
Livepools provides Contest(s) in two separate formats of Amusement Facilities, (1) as a public league where Users can participate in a Contest with other Users without any restriction on participation. All rules applicable to Contest(s) as set out herein shall be applicable to both formats of the Contest(s).
- In the Public League format of the Contest(s), we may offer the Contest(s) in leagues comprising of 2 Participants, 3 Participants, 5 Participants and 10 Participants or any other pre-designated number of Participants.
- We may offer this format of the Contest(s) as a paid format and the Winner will be determinable at the end of the Contest.
- The number of Participants required to make the Contest(s) operational will be pre-specified and once the number of Participants in such Contest(s) equals the pre-specified number required for that Contest(s), such Contest(s) shall be operational. In case the number of Participants is less than the pre-specified number at the time of commencement of the round, such Contest(s) will not be operational and the participation fee paid by each Participant shall be returned to the account of such User without any charge or deduction.
- In certain Contests across the Amusement Facilities, designated as “Confirmed Leagues”, the Contest(s) shall become operational once the number of Participants in such Contest (s) equals the pre-specified number of winners to be declared in such Contest(s), even if all available Participant slots (as pre-specified in relation to the Contest(s)) remain unfilled. It is clarified that notwithstanding the activation of such Contest(s), Participants can continue to join such Contest(s) till either (i) all available Participant slots of such Contest(s) are filled or (ii) the round to which the Contest (s) relates commences, whichever is earlier. In case such Contest(s) is not operational by the time of the commencement of the round, the participation fee paid by each Participant shall be returned to the account of such User without any charge or deduction.
In respect of any transactions entered into on the Livepools, including making a payment to participate in the paid versions of Contest(s), Users agree to be bound by the following payment terms:
- The payment Users make to participate in the Contest(s) is inclusive of the nominated fee for access to the Amusement Facilities charged by us. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, all other amounts collected from the User are held in escrow until determination of the Winners and distribution of prizes.
- In consideration of the fees for access to Amusement Facilities, the following associated Amusement Facilities will be made available to the participant by us * :
|Fee For Access to Amusement Facilities (INR)
||Email Response time (Min)
*Time mentioned is calculated between 10am-6pm on working days only.
- Livepools provides users with two categories of accounts for the processing and reconciliation of payments in relation to the Amusement Facilities: (i) ′Livepools Wallet′ and (ii) Cash Bonus Account.
- The User′s winnings in any Contest will reflect as credits to the User′s Livepools Wallet. It is clarified that in no instance will Livepools permit the transfer of any amounts in the User′s accounts to any other category of account held by the user with us or any third party account, including a bank account held by a third party.
- Users shall be required to remit the required amount to us through the designated payment gateway. The payment made shall be credited to the User′s accounts and each time a User enters a contest, the applicable amount towards participation shall be debited from the User′s account. In debiting amounts from the User′s accounts towards the participation fee of such user in any Contest(s), it shall be debited first and foremost from the User′s Livepools Wallet and thereafter, any remaining amount of participation fee shall be debited from the User′s Cash Bonus Account. In case there is any amount remaining to be paid by the User in relation to such User′s participation in any Contest(s), the User will be taken to the designated payment gateway to give effect to such payment. In case any amount added by the User through such payment gateway exceeds the remaining amount of participation fee, the amount in excess shall be transferred to the User′s Livepools Wallet and will be available for use in participation in any Contest(s) or for withdrawal in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All amounts credited into a User′s Livepools Wallet must be utilised within 335 days of credit. In case any unutilised amount lies in the Livepools Wallet after the completion of 335 days from the date of credit of such amount, we reserve the right to forfeit such unutilised amount, without liability or obligation to pay any compensation to the User.
- Withdrawal of any amount standing to the User′s credit in the Livepools Wallet may be made by way of a request to us. In this case, we shall effect an online transfer to the User′s bank account on record with us within a commercially reasonable period of time. Such transfer will reflect as a debit to the User′s Livepools Wallet. We shall not charge any processing fee for the online transfer of such amount from the Livepools Wallet to the User′s bank account on record with us. Users are requested to note that they will be required to provide valid photo identification and address proof documents for proof of identity and address in order for Livepools to process the withdrawal request. The name mentioned on the User′s photo identification document should correspond with the name provided by the User at the time of registration on Livepools, as well as the name and address existing in the records of the User′s bank account as provided to us. In the event that no bank account has been registered by the User against such User′s account with us, or the User has not verified his/her User account with us, to our satisfaction and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, we shall provide such User with a notification to the User′s email address as on record with us at least 30 days prior to the Auto Transfer Date, and in case the User fails to register a bank account with his/her User Account and/or to verify his/her User Account by the Auto Transfer Date, we shall be entitled to forfeit any amounts subject to transfer on the Auto Transfer Date. Failure to provide us with a valid bank account or valid identification documents (to our satisfaction) may result in the forfeiture of any amounts subject to transfer in accordance with this clause.
- The Cash Bonus Account shall contain amounts gratuitously issued by Livepools to the User for use in participation in any Contest(s) and no User shall be permitted to transfer or request the transfer of any amount in to the Cash Bonus Account. The usage of any amounts issued and present in the Cash Bonus Account shall be subject to the limitations and restrictions, including without limitation, restrictions as to time within which such amount must be used, as applied by Livepools and notified to the User at the time of issue of such amount. The issue of any amount to the Cash Bonus Account is subject to the sole discretion of Livepools and cannot be demanded by any User as a matter of right. The issue of any such amount by Livepools on any day shall not entitle the user to demand the issuance of such amount at any subsequent period in time nor create an expectation of recurring issue of such amount by Livepools to such User. The amount standing to the credit of the User in the Cash Bonus Account may be used by such User for the sole purpose of setting off against the participation fee in any Contest, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The amount standing to the credit of the User in such User′s Cash Bonus Account shall not be withdraw-able or transferrable to any other account of the User, including the bank account of such User, or of any other User or person. In case the User terminates his/her account with Livepools or such account if terminated by Livepools, all amounts standing to the credit of such User in the Cash Bonus Account shall return to Livepools and the User shall not have any right or interest in such amounts.
- Users agree that once they confirm a transaction on Livepools, they shall be bound by and make payment for that transaction.
- The User acknowledges that transactions on Livepools may take up to 24 hours to be processed in case of a normal working day (it may take additional time on account of any national holiday or bank holiday). Any amount paid or transferred or debited into/from the User′s Accounts may take up to 24 hours to reflect in the User′s Accounts balance. Users agree not to raise any complaint or claim against Livepools in respect of any delay, including any lost opportunity to join any Contest or round due to delay in crediting of transaction amount into any of the User′s accounts.
- A transaction, once confirmed, is final and no cancellation is permissible. However, Livepools may, at its sole and absolute discretion, permit a User to cancel a transaction and refund the amount paid:
- If the User sends a written request to us from the registered email Id to cancel such payment; or
- If the payment is made for participation in the paid version(s) of the Contest(s), the cancellation request must be received at least 2 days prior to the commencement of the contest in respect of which the payment is made; we shall not be liable to refund any amount thereafter.
- We may, at oursole and absolute discretion, refund the amount to the User after deducting applicable cancellation charges and taxes. At the time of the transaction, Users may also be required to take note of certain additional terms and conditions and such additional terms and conditions shall also govern the transaction. To the extent that the additional terms and conditions contain any clause that is conflicting with the present terms and conditions, the additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
Selection and Verification of Winners and Conditions relating to the Prizes:
Selection of Winners
Winners will be decided on the basis of the scores of the Selections in a designated round (which may last anywhere between one day and an entire tournament) of the Contest(s). The Participant(s) owning the Selection(s) with the highest aggregate score in a particular round shall be declared the Winner(s). In certain Contests, Livepools may declare more than one Winner and distribute prizes to such Winners in increasing order of their Selection′s aggregate score at the end of the designated round of the Contest. The contemplated number of Winners and the prize due to each Winner in such Contest shall be as specified on the Contest page prior to the commencement of the Contest.
Participants creating Selections on behalf of any other Participant or person shall be disqualified.
In the event of a tie, the winning Participants shall be declared Winners and the prize shall be equally divided among such Participants.
Livepools shall not be liable to pay any prize if it is discovered that the Winner(s) have not abided by these Terms and Conditions, and other rules and regulations in relation to the use of the Livepools, Contest, etc.
Winners shall be contacted by us or the third party conducting the Contest on the e-mail address provided at the time of registration. The verification process and the documents required for the collection of prize shall be detailed to the Winners at this stage. As a general practice, winners will be required to provide following documents:
- Photocopy of the User′s PAN card;
- Photocopy of a government-issued residence proof;
- User′s bank account details and proof of the same.
Livepools shall not permit a Winner to withdraw his/her prize(s)/accumulated winnings unless the above-mentioned documents have been received and verified within the time-period stipulated by Livepools. The User represents and warrants that the documents provided in the course of the verification process are true copies of the original documents to which they relate.
Participants are required to provide proper and complete details at the time of registration. Livepools shall not be responsible for communications errors, commissions or omissions including those of the Participants due to which the results may not be communicated to the Winner.
The list of Winners shall be posted on a separate web-page on the Livepools. The winners will also be intimated by e-mail.
In the event that a Participant has been declared a Winner on the abovementioned web-page but has not received any communication from Livepools, such Participant may contact Livepools within the time specified on the webpage.
Only those Winners who successfully complete the verification process and provide the required documents within the time limit specified by Livepools shall be permitted to withdraw/receive their accumulated winnings (or any part thereof). Livepools shall not entertain any claims or requests for extension of time for submission of documents.
Livepools shall scrutinise all documents submitted and may, at its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify any Winner from withdrawing his accumulated winnings (or any part thereof) on the following grounds:
- Determination by Livepools that any document or information submitted by the Participant is incorrect, misleading, false, fabricated, incomplete or illegible; or
- Participant does not fulfill the Eligibility Criteria specified above; or
- Any other ground.
- The decision of Livepools with respect to the awarding of prizes shall be final, binding and non-contestable.
- Participants playing the paid formats of the Contest(s) confirm that they are not residents of any of the following Indian states - Assam, Odisha or Telangana. If it is found that a Participant playing the paid formats of the Contest(s) is a resident of any of the abovementioned states, we shall disqualify such Participant and forfeit any prize won by such Participant. Further we may, at our sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate such Participant′s account with us. Any amount remaining unused in the User′s Livepools Wallet on the date of deactivation or deletion shall be reimbursed to the User by an online transfer to the User′s bank account on record with us, subject to the processing fee (if any) applicable on such transfers as set out herein.
- If it is found that a Participant playing the paid formats of the Contest(s) is under the age of eighteen (18), Livepools shall be entitled, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such Participant and forfeit his/her prize. Further, Livepools may, at its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate such Participant′s account.
- To the extent permitted by law, Livepools makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any prizes and shall not be liable in respect of the same.
- Livepools may, at its sole and absolute discretion, vary or modify the prizes being offered to winners. Participants shall not raise any claim against Livepools or question its right to modify such prizes being offered, prior to closure of the Contest.
- Livepools will not bear any responsibility for the transportation or packaging of prizes to the respective winners. Livepools shall not be held liable for any loss or damage caused to any prizes at the time of such transportation.
- The Winners shall bear the shipping, courier or any other delivery cost in respect of the prizes.
- The Winners shall bear all transaction charges levied for delivery of cash prizes.
- All prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Prizes cannot be exchanged / redeemed for cash or kind. No cash claims can be made in lieu of prizes in kind.
Acceptance of a prize by the Winner constitutes permission for Livepools, and its affiliates to use the Winner′s name, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any further permissions or consents and / or additional compensation whatsoever.
The Winners further undertake that they will be available for promotional purposes as planned and desired by us without any charge. The exact dates remain the sole discretion of Livepools. Promotional activities may include but not be limited to press events, internal meetings and ceremonies/functions.
The Contest(s) are open only to persons above the age of 18 years and only to persons, currently residing in India. Persons who wish to participate must have a valid email address.
Livepools may, in accordance with the laws prevailing in certain Indian states, bar individuals residing in those states from participating in the Contest(s). Currently, individuals residing in the Indian states of Assam, Odisha or Telangana may not participate in the paid version of the Contest as the laws of these states bar persons from participating in games of skill where participants are required to pay to enter.
Only those Users who have successfully registered on the Livepools shall be eligible to participate in the Contest and win prizes.
Under the Constitution of India, the State Legislatures have been entrusted with the power to frame state specific laws on ‘betting and gambling’. The Public Gambling Act, 1867, is a central enactment on the subject, which has been adopted by certain states of India. The other states in India have enacted their own legislation for regulating gaming activities within its territory. Livepools hereby understands and expects the Users to be aware of their respective State laws. We accept no liability, whether jointly or severally, for any commissions or omissions on the part of the Users.
Games of skill are legal, as they are excluded from the ambit of Indian gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867.
The Supreme Court of India in State of Bombay v. R.M.D. Chamarbaugwala (AIR 1957 SC 699) has interpreted the words “mere skill” to include games which are preponderantly of skill and have laid down that (i) the competitions where success depends on substantial degree of skill will not fall into category of ‘gambling’; and (ii) despite there being an element of chance, if a game is preponderantly a game of skill, it would nevertheless be a game of “mere skill”.
The Supreme Court of India in the cases of State of Andhra Pradesh v. K Satyanarayana & Ors (AIR 1968 SC 825) and KR Lakshmanan v. State of Tamil Nadu (AIR 1996 SC 1153) has held that a game in which success depends predominantly upon the superior knowledge, training, attention, experience and adroitness of the player shall be classified as a game of skill.
The Contest across the Gaming Facilities are games of skill as success of Users depends primarily on their superior knowledge of the games of cricket and/or football statistics, knowledge of players′ relative form, players′ performance in a particular territory, conditions and/or format (such as ODIs, test cricket and Twenty20 in the cricket game), attention and dedication towards the Contest(s) and adroitness in playing the Contest(s). The Contest(s) also requires Users to field well-balanced sides with limited resources and make substitutions at appropriate times to gain the maximum points.
By participating in this Contest(s), each User acknowledges and agrees that he/she is participating in a game of skill.
All prizes shall be subject to deduction of tax (“TDS”) as per the Income Tax Act, 1961. Winners will be provided TDS certificates in respect of such tax deductions. The Winners shall be responsible for payment of any other applicable tax, including but not limited to, income tax, gift tax, etc. in respect of the prize money.
When a person win above Rs.10,000 from a single contest, tax of 30.9% will be deducted and the rest gets added as winnings. You will also receive a TDS certificate 3 months from the winning date with details of the deduction.
- Livepools may be required under certain legislations, to notify User(s) of certain events. User(s) hereby acknowledge and consent that such notices will be effective upon Livepools posting them on the website or delivering them to the User through the email address provided by the User at the time of registration. User(s) may update their email address by logging into their account on the website. If they do not provide Livepools with accurate information, Livepools cannot be held liable for failure to notify the User.
- We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to any failure to perform due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond our control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, network infrastructure failures, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials. In such circumstances, we shall also be entitled to cancel any related Contest(s) and to process an appropriate refund for all Participants.
- Livepools′s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Users agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Livepools or these Terms must be filed within thirty (30) days of such claim or cause of action arising or be forever barred.
- These Terms and Conditions, including all terms, conditions, and policies that are incorporated herein by reference, constitute the entire agreement between the User(s) and Livepools Private Limited and govern your use of the Livepools, superseding any prior agreements that any User may have with Livepools Private Limited.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be indefinite, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force.
- Livepools reserves the right to moderate, restrict or ban the use of the Livepools, specifically to any User, or generally, in accordance with Livepools′s policy/policies from time to time, at its sole and absolute discretion and without any notice.
- We may, at our sole and absolute discretion, permanently close or temporarily suspend any Gaming Facilities (including any Contest(s)).